Our New Website!
Welcome to the new Lees Corner ES School website! We are excited about the new look and features that are available in our new website. It has been purposefully designed to minimize scrolling and extra clicks in order for the end user to more easily access information about our school and FCPS.
Our new site offers the following advantages.
- It displays on mobile devices, an important feature because many users access the site through cell phones.
- It has the ability to translate the site content into 75 different languages using the “Language” link located in the upper left-hand corner of every page.
- It is accessible to all users with disabilities (508 compliant).
- It lists topics located in the body of each LCES page in alphabetical order to help you more easily find information.
- It creates some consistent structures to help make navigation of each school’s site easier for parents as children progress through the FCPS schools. All sites will feature similar menus.
- It allows for the easy sharing of content between each school and FCPS. When information such as school closings due to weather, or other emergency announcements, are posted by the FCPS district they will also display on the school’s site.
To find the information you need on our website, you can use any of the following options that are located in the top left-hand corner of each page when viewed on a laptop or desktop.
- Use the “Full Menu”. This menu lists main and some frequently used topics in alphabetical order, with the exception of the “Homepage” and “Contact” links. The “Homepage” link always appears at the top of the list and the “Contact” link always appears at the bottom of the list.
- Use the “Search” function. This is similar to the way you would look for information on Google.
- Use the “Top Menu”. This will link to the main topics found on every school’s site. Those links include: About, Academics, Activities, Resources, and Contact,
- Use the “Blue Bar” links. These will link to popularly used resources within FCPS.
The view from a phone is slightly different and can be seen in this image.
While great effort has been given to include all of the information that users have come to rely on, there may be something that we have forgotten. If this is the case, feel free to contact Mike Lis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you’ll visit the website often and stay involved!