Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.
We invite all students and families to join us in dreaming BIG, imagining, and working together to make dreams come true for ALL of our students in the 2021-2022 school year!
LCES' 2021-2022 Bell Schedule
The Lees Corner bell schedule is 8:50 a.m. to 3:35 p.m. daily. This is the same as it has been in previous years.
Classroom instruction begins at 8:50 a.m. Students should be at school no later than 8:45 a.m. so they have time to get to class in time for the start of instruction.
Bus Route Information
Bus route information is now available for parents to see online. Parents may check ParentVue to access bus numbers and bus routes for any eligible bus riders.
Bus information may change as enrollment changes. Please check ParentVue again before the 1st day of school to see if there have been any changes to your child's assigned bus route and times. The 1st day of school is Monday, August 23rd.
Kindergarten students who will be riding the bus should have YELLOW tape wrapped around the left strap of their backpack. Yellow tape was given out at Open House. Families who were unable to attend Open House will receive the yellow tape in the first day of school packet. FCPS requires that Kindergarten students be met at the bus stop by an adult. If there is not an adult at the bus stop to receive a Kindergarten student, the student will be brought back to the school and the parent will be contacted to pick their child up in the school's office.
ALL staff and students riding a bus will be required to wear a mask for the entire bus ride. For more information about bus transportation, including how to access the Bus Delay Notification System, visit the Transportation page.
Kiss and Ride: Helpful Tips
Many families will use Kiss and Ride for both arrival and dismissal and the line can get long. Please be patient and kind with one another and our staff on duty! Here are a few more helpful tips:
- morning drop-off starts at 8:35 a.m. for now. This time may be adjusted in response to traffic patterns.
- plan on being in line early
- drivers should remain in the car
- school staff will be on duty to assist students in unloading and loading
- children should unload from the car on the passenger side only
- cars should remain in a single file line. Passing other cars is NOT allowed in order to ensure the safety of all students.
- afternoon pick-up starts at 3:35 p.m.
- for afternoon pick-up, please display your assigned number in the right corner of your front windshield. Make sure your child knows what your number is (ie. 352). We will use the numbers to call the students out to your car.
- Kiss and Ride ends before 4:00 p.m. Any students who have not been picked up by that time will be taken to the office. Parents will be contacted and must come to the office to sign their child out.
Arrival & Dismissal of Students During the 1st Week of School
Returning to school is always a big adjustment in many ways. Please allow extra time for arrival and dismissal during the first week of school. We will all be establishing new routines, and your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated.
LCES' Cafeteria Safety Plans
This year, all FCPS students will be offered a no cost breakfast and lunch for the entire school year! Menus are available online at
Grab and Go breakfasts will be available to students in the cafeteria upon arrival each school day.
Our LCES lunch schedule includes only one or two complete grade levels in the cafeteria during each lunch period. Students will be placed at round cafeteria tables, with no more than four students seated at each table. These changes are being made to allow for physical distancing during lunch.
Here are additional precautionary measures we will take:
- Students will be required to wear masks in the cafeteria when not actively eating and drinking.
- Students will need to wear their masks while going through the serving line.
- Students will put their mask back on when they finish their meal.
- Our cafeteria space will be regularly and thoroughly cleaned with a sanitizing solution.
- Students will wash their hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer before and after eating.
Attendance: Reporting Tardy or Absent Students
If your child/children will be late to school or absent from school, please contact us to let us know. You may report tardies and absences by doing one of the following:
Please be specific about the reason why your child will not be attending school. Tell us whether your child has any of the following symptoms:
- Feeling feverish or has chills
- Fever greater than or equal to 100.4 F
- Headache (not due to another health condition, hunger, menstrual cramps stress, or injury)
- A new cough (not due to another health condition)
- Shortness of breath or breathing difficulties (not due to diagnosed respiratory condition or if different than normal pattern of chronic condition)
- A new sore throat (not due to another health condition)
- Congestion or runny nose (not related to allergies or health condition)
- Fatigue (more tired than normal or sudden onset)
- New muscle pain (not due to another health condition or that may have been caused by a specific activity such as physical exercise)
- New loss of taste, smell, or appetite
- Abdominal pain (not due to hunger, constipation, injury, or stress)
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
This attendance form is to be submitted by the parent/legal guardian only.
We are excited to share that students, families, and teachers throughout FCPS and in our school community will use Schoology (pronounced /SKOO-luh-jee/) as our learning management system for the 2021-2022 school year!
Here is what parents need to know now:
• As of July 2021, Blackboard 24-7 Learning or Blackboard Collaborate Ultra (BBCU) is no longer in use. • Schoology has a connected web conferencing tool, Zoom • Schoology works with Google Drive • You need a SIS/ParentVUE account to login to Schoology:
You can learn more about Schoology here:
Parent accounts will be available in mid-August. Students will have a Schoology account by the start of the school year.
Students will not see any classes until the grading period starts. Students will use their FCPS student ID and password to login to Schoology. FCPS has a resource page for students to learn more about Schoology, including how to login.
Schoology is a learning space that enhances communication, collaboration, and personalized learning for students, teachers, and families. As a parent or guardian, you will be able to use Schoology to view: • your child's class • your child’s assignments and participation • your child’s calendar • teacher comments, scores, and feedback.
We are asking that parents do the following:
• Make sure you have registered for a SIS/ParentVUE account: http://bit.ly/FCPSSIS
• Learn more about Schoology using the link below
We look forward to using Schoology along with your SIS/ParentVUE account!
Conditions for Potential Temporary COVID-19 Closure
FCPS is returning strong for five days a week of in-person instruction this fall. Our intent is to remain in-person. However, the reality of the ongoing pandemic means that we must plan for scenarios in which a temporary closure may be necessary to protect student, staff, and community health.
Virginia public schools are required under SB 1303 to provide five days a week of in-person instruction, as directed by Virginia Governor Ralph Northam.
FCPS is committed to continuity of learning during the 2021-22 school year, and the school division is using layered prevention strategies to do everything possible to ensure our schools remain safe, healthy, and open.
FCPS has plans in place to ensure continuity of learning in the event health authorities require a temporary closure to protect the health of students, staff, and the community.
Similar information can also be found here:
This content is also posted to the FCPS website: Protocols for Potential Temporary COVID-19 Closure.
Grades K-6 Virtual Back To School Night
Save the Date! Our VIRTUAL Back to School Night for ALL students is scheduled for Wednesday, September 22nd from 5:30 p.m - 7:30 p.m. Please stay tuned for more details regarding this event.
Stay Connected to LCES
Follow us on Twitter @Lees_Corner_ES to see tweets and retweets with information and resources.
Join the Lees Corner Elementary School group on Facebook. This is a private group available only to LCES families and staff. The group is managed by the PTA but membership and dues are NOT required to join this group.
13500 Hollinger Avenue, Fairfax, VA 22033 | Main Phone: 703.227.3500 Attendance: 703.227.3535 or email@example.com | Web | Twitter